Friday, August 26, 2011

Indianapolis

The city of states




Howdy y'all!  How have you been?  I've been great, thanks.  Fortunately, I have pictures from Indianapolis, as promised.  Unfortunately, you're not going to get much more than pictures.  I have an exam tomorrow.. and I've been napping all day.  Oops.  But you're not here to read, right?  Well, actually you're here for recipes, but do you think you can settle with some pictures of food for now?  

Let's begin our mini journey through Indianapolis - so keep your hands and arms inside the carpet, we're outta here! (Get the Aladdin reference?)

Friday night, we went to a pizza joint called Bazbeaux.  Interesting name, interesting pizza (our pizza had dollops of ricotta cheese). We had garlic-cheese bread and 4 cheese-bacon-mushroom pizza.  You can't get any better than bacon and cheese. And that is all I have to say about that.

beer number one.

waiting patiently for dinner. i was really, really hungry.

cheese bread. it was bomb.


pizza. 

crispy bacon and gooey cheese.
are you salivating?
because i am.

mikey.
the view from outside the restaurant. that little lady on the corner dances.
her name is veronica.
 The next morning, we had brunch at Hoaglin To Go & Marketplace.  While their daily grind is fine catering, they make a mean brunch.  I had the best omelette ever.  Seriously, I died a little when I bit into it. It was fluffy and filled with applewood smoked bacon, sauteed red onions, sun-dried tomato pesto torte.  I'm not even sure what a sun-dried tomato pesto torte is, but I can tell you that it is good.


Mikey had a stack of red velvet pancakes. Dessert for breakfast?  Don't mind if I do.

best. omelette. ever. 
the magical filling.
red velvet pancakes.
Then we went to Starbucks, 'cause brunch made us sleepy.  Why the heck is Starbucks so expensive?!  I spent $5 on a tall skinny caramel macchiato with soymilk.  Secondly, why the heck are the names so long?

almost broke the bank on these babies. 
 Then, the Indiana State fair!  It was a glutton's dream.  There were so many places to get food that we almost got overwhelmed.  But no worries, we put our fat hats on and braved the crowds.  Despite the abundance of food, we didn't end up eating very much.  It was just nice walking around with Mikey. But I did give in and try a deep fried Snickers bar with him.  He really liked it.  I, on the other hand, thought that I could have gotten the same effect by popping a Snickers in the microwave for 30 seconds. I mean it was good, but not $4 good.


$15 and 7 darts later, mikey won a prize for me!
 i shall call him squishy, and he shall be mine, and he shall be my squishy.
i found a wand.
and.... 

magic! i've always wanted a unicorn.

yes. that is indeed a burger between two doughnuts.
(we didn't try this one)
deep fried butter? deep fried kool-aid?
only in the midwest, my friends
and here it is. deep fried snickers.
The last day that I was there, we went to a cute neighborhood called Broad Ripple. There was a strip of pubs, and we ended up choosing Broad Ripple Brewpub because there was a stout there that Mike liked.  I had the fish and chips.  Silly me thinking that fish would be lighter.  I ate about a third of it and promptly became sleepy afterwards.  

fish 'n chips
And that was my weekend.  It was like you were there, right?  


Now that I have mesmerized you with these pictures, I gotta break some bad news.  I'm taking a short break from blogging.  I am moving soon, and I have to eat the random food that is left in my pantry.  And I don't think that you want to hear about canned soup, tortilla chips, and Chef Boyardee.  I'll be back full force in September.  Promise.


we're funny.
xoxo <3
Nhu-Y